Friday 16 May 2008

eLearning papers, where to find them and call for paper co-writing


(Great European call for papers mentioned below)

Gathering the most relevant eLearning information, classifying it, retrieving it within an instant... I do not about you, but I keep struggling with it.

Because I am a very chaotic organizer, I do tend to have different places where I store my background information. This makes it of course even more difficult to retrieve it swiftly. I should have a tag cloud in my archive.

So ... while reading through my feeds, I found Tony Karrer's list of 100 eLearning Articles and White papers. They sure are a perfect starting point! So from now on if people ask me to give them a quick link to some papers, I just send through his great set of links. Thank you Tony!

In addition to this, I add a white paper that Clark Quin has started on mLearning. Feel free to visit his blogpost on the subject and add your ideas or thoughts.

But of course a lot of us want to be published, so take a look at eLearningPapers. eLearning Papers is a publication of elearningeuropa.info, European Commission's portal for promoting the use of ICT for lifelong learning.
They have a call for papers, which has a deadline on 30 June 2008. So ... let's get together and write one!

Anyone willing to team up with me? It might be on mobile learning or social media or gender? I would like to be a co-author for this call, so let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Hi did you mean the Open Educational Resources one ? the last 5 bullets are of interest, but don't think in reality I am going to get there by 30th June, although I hope to have something by September - but if you are working with someone else too, happy to contribute - depending on what - can't offer case studies because haven't done (yet)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I did mean the OER. I will keep in mind that you will be having something by September Nic :-)

    If I write up a draft (depending on time status), I will send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to not be of more use ! btw I was thinking yesterday that people already have (possibly negative) associations with the words open / open source (i.e. scared / think its for techies only / worried about level of maintenance involved / think its not realistic goals etc) maybe it could be rebranded - but no idea to what - got as far as nomadic content and gave up, I'm sure there must be a really nice local word that someone has, have given up on English ones (words) :-)

    ReplyDelete