Tuesday 6 May 2008

How to compare CMS and wiki's clearly within seconds



A quick note for all of you out there that are looking for the right CMS and/or wiki:

CMSmatrix: lists CMS's and makes it possible to quickly have an overview of their strengths and weaknesses.

Wikimatrix: lists wiki's and makes it possible to quickly have an overview of their strengths and weaknesses.

I really like this.

This information (together with other info and a small framework) will be fit into a document/booklet I am working on. I have been asked to make a short list of pointers for 'setting up an eLearning program in low resource areas'. Although I have not found a document relating to this, if you would know of a ready made guide for this purpose, I would really appreciate the link or info :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, CMSwatch is also good, but reports are not free - I have found the general comments and analysis on their sites very useful when I was in eGov
    Re the wikimatrix - are you looking for a guide to using the matrix tool or a guide to wikis etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the CMSwatch Nicola!

    I have been asked to put together an easy to use 'set-up an eLearning program in low resource areas' booklet. But if there is a similar publication ready, I would take parts of it or refer to that one (it safes time :-)

    (will rewrite my blogpost a bit, because that question was indeed not clearly formulated)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies, sorry only just seen your comment and my brain melting,yep CMSWatch geared much more to larger orgs - hmmm I can't think of anything off top of my head
    Sorry
    Nicola
    PS reason I am 'here' now is going round using co.comment attempting to collect up all comments have scattered across web recently

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, sorry, that should have been co.mment

    ReplyDelete